Monday, November 26, 2012

Earphone or Headphone?

When you are in situation where you have to choose either one of them, which one will you choose? Sometimes it's easy but sometimes it can be tough. You're sweating and your look at them as if they're threatening you with a great feeling of regret if you do not pick them. Exaggerating much? Well, that's actually how it felt every time I walk into the store. 

I don't think anyone could ever deny that these items are essential. Though you might not be using them all the time, there are times when you're going to need them. I'm the best example here. I prefer listening to songs without anything plugged in to my ear. Same goes to watching movies from my laptop. I'm not a movie maniac anyway. It just feel awkward to be completely separated from the surrounding. What if I missed something? What if something bad is happening and I didn't hear the warning? What if I miss the alarm clock? The what if list goes on... There are too many situations to think of. However there are times when I will be very grateful to have them. Especially when I'm away from home. When I'm in the campus they are so many times when you'll be likely to see me with earphone. Especially when I'm in my dorm room. Okay I don't use earphone all the time in my room. In fact I rarely use them! It's just not not cool to miss what is happening in the surrounding right? I listens to songs and watches movies without the earphone even when there are people around. I have to admit that it's a little snob but I think it's better than damaging my eardrums. The volume aren't loud anyway, just suitable for my hearing. 

 I can't understand people who wear earphone or headphone all day long. I've tried it and I found it damaging. But sometimes there are times when I will desperately put on my earphone. I can't stand listening to people talking when I'm about to sleep or when I'm sleeping. Don't you hate that feeling? Simple chat is okay but the long one with such inconsiderate volume, they seriously bring out the worst out of me. That's when I'll put on my earphone to get lost from the real environment. Just turn up the volume and I'm now in my own world. It is not my favourite situation. 

Earphones are handier in my opinion. You can keep them in your pocket or purse. You can even use them without people knowing. It will probably save you from listening to boring lecture or presentations without being caught. However I do not recommend you to do that. What if you do get caught? What if people do the same thing to you? 

Earphones are also friendlier. Can you separate your headphone when you want to listen to a song together with your friend..or that someone? It's fun when you can share the earphone with your friend. The term is romantic if you are sharing it with you special one. In my situation mentioned earlier, I don't have to worry even if I fell asleep with my earphone on. Less damage. 

In my opinion, headphones are great. They provide you with a great satisfaction in the audio. Especially if you are willing to spend more money on them. When you want listen to songs in their maximum volume without them actually hurting you ear too much. 

I think it's better to have both of them. You can use them according to your situation. Plus headphones are great fashion accessories. Earphones and headphones nowadays are getting trendier than before. They are a lot of cute and awesome design in the market nowadays, which become one of the list of consideration in buying them. However the sound quality should be the first priority. 

Earphone or headphone? Earphone I would say. Maybe this isn't a big deal at all but I think that it is quite an interesting topic. So which one will you pick? 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I choose both? tamaha nie. haha~ earphones are easier to carry around & does not require a lot of space in the bag ;) while headphone are very very convenient when i don't want to hear anything else around me. seldom use but when i use it means i'm actually not in a very good mood ;) merepek di kotak komen orang, i is bored. sorry^^

Claire said...

Yep, I agree with your opinion. Dua dua pun boleh ba. haha. Biar, saya pun kebosanan juga ni >.<